Re: Wait Event

  • From: "Anurag Varma" <avoracle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: shivaswamykr@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 18:26:28 -0500

On 2/21/07, Anurag Varma <avoracle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2/20/07, Shivaswamy Raghunath <shivaswamykr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> My environment is HP UX 11i. DB Version 10.1.0.4. On this database I
> have Oracle replication is in action, replicating certain tables to another
> database. I have a very high occurance and time for the event
knpc_anq_AwaitNonemptyQueue.
> I could not get much useful info on the event anywhere. Appears to be an
> idle event. But, jsut wanted to make sure. If you have any info, pointer
> etc. can you please let me know?
>
> The event is reported against SYSTEM.DEF$_DESTINATION_PRIMARY. Total
> Wait time is 10,933,039,621.
>
> TIA,
> Shiva

I had opened an SR about this long time back. I don't remember the exact
reply but it was something to this effect:
* Its an IDLE wait event. Can be ignored.
* Its either what Fairlie mentions it to be or connected with the parallel
push option. I remember when I changed
  push to serial (once a minute), the wait event had disappeared.

--
Anurag Varma

Just a quick correction... I went back to my old emails and I believe this
wait event was connected
to the delay_seconds parameter rather than the parallel push that I
mentioned. In the v$session_wait, you'd
see the seconds wait time match the delay seconds wait time.

HTH
Anurag

--
Anurag Varma