Re: WHY WHY does Oracle OEM 12c (12.1.0.5) use the following...

  • From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tim Hall <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 09:54:32 -0600

Tim,

That is the document I've started with. Ultimately I've blown away my
first install and am relaying it down now.
I ran into one problem after another and 2 significant problems ultimately
defeated me (one with the mod_ohs something not passing https traffic
correctly - was passing it as http instead, and the agent not able to
communicate with the oms). I'm a fairly big geek too and typically can
work through any problem but this has been insane trying to get all the
pieces lined up correctly.

So, having said that, can you tell me the following?

1. Did you update the JDK at all ? To 1.6 u 85 or greater or did you just
leave the jdk as the delivered version?
2. If you left it with the delivered version, did you regenerate 1028 byte
certificates (or did you keep the 512)?
3. Did you patch the Oracle HTTP server from 11.1.1.7? I'm thinking I need
to do that but I'm not sure how. All these components are so intermingled
I'm having a hard time understanding which patches go where.

It would be nice if there was a step-by-step guide to laying out 12.1.0.5
and how to apply the necessary patches in order on a new install. I'm
going to try to write something like that up, but this product is so
complex (it seems) its hard to understand which steps come first.

Chris

On Sat, Nov 14, 2015 at 5:49 AM, Tim Hall <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi.

That's not strictly true. There are a number of solutions to this, with
only one being replace the JDK. Check out this doc.

https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocContentDisplay?id=1955915.1

There are 8 things to try, with only 1 being an update of the JDK, which
is not mandatory.

I understand the frustration and I feel it too, but let's not get overly
dramatic about this. I'm running EM 12cR5 without updating the JDK and it
works fine on all fully updated browsers.

Cheers

Tim...