WEBSYS Schema

  • From: "Sam Bootsma" <sbootsma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 15:52:21 -0400

Oracle 9.2.0.6; AIX 5

Does anybody know what the WEBSYS schema is all about?  I did a search
on Oracle's online 9.2 documentation, but it returned no hits.  Is it an
obsolete Oracle schema?

On our database this schema has 4 tables and 4 indexes plus some
packages and views.  Seven of the tables and indexes are in the SYSTEM
tablespace, but the index PK_OWS_OBJECT is in the USERS tablespace - and
this is creating problems for me.  I want to drop the USERS tablespace,
including contents, but it won't let me because of this primary key.  I
could export, remove all sorts of privileges, and force all the objects
to go into the SYSTEM tablespace.  But if this schema is not needed, it
will be simpler just to drop it and not worry about it.  Of course, I
would also confirm with our Developers that we are not using it.

Thanks,

Sam Bootsma

George Brown College

sbootsma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:sbootsma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>