Re: VxFS threaded AIO vs. DBWR Slaves

  • From: Charlotte Hammond <charlottejanehammond@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Greg Rahn <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 13:24:45 -0800 (PST)

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the tip.  Unfortunately I'm not in a position to dictate ASM at
present and have to live with what I've got (at least for now!).

Somebody mentioned off-list that threaded AIO may not be a feature of VxFS on
HP-UX (although I believe it is on Solaris).   Can anyone confirm or refute?
I'm finding it hard to get a definitive answer on this.

Assuming that threaded AIO *does* exist and that I *do* want to use it, should
I just set FILESYSTEMIO_OPTIONS=SETALL and DISK_ASYNCH_IO=TRUE as if it were
kernelized AIO?

Thanks You!
Charlotte