Re: Voting Disks and OCR on 11.2.0.2

  • From: Zabair Ahmed <roon987@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DimitreRadoulov <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 11:58:38 +0100 (BST)

So, back to my original question. Do I have a single point of failure?

I have single raw/block device LUN which is configured within ASM as an  ASM
diskgroup (ASMSYS) with EXTERNAL REDUNDANCY to hold a single Voting Disk. At
the SAN level I am told by the sysadmin that it's either RAID 1 or RAID 5.

I concur with you about having the OCR mirrored.

Am I just being silly or could I have a serious issue down the line...