Visual Studio 2008 and Oracle 10gR2

  • From: "William Wagman" <wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 08:36:08 -0800

Greetings,

One of our users has asked if Visual Studio 2008 will work with Oracle
10gR2 (disclaimer, I know nothing about visual studio). I have done some
googling and have not been able to find a specific answer to this
question. I have seen reports of challenges and it seems as though the
two are compatible but it is first necessary to acquire some additional
drivers.

I'm hoping someone can either provide me an answer to this question or
point me to documentation which discusses this and offers a solution.

Thanks.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center