RE: Virtualization

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guillermo.bort@xxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 08:07:43 -0700

Why do you want to switch from VMWare to OracleVM?  Have you had
problems with VMWare?  I'm curious because I'm in the middle of a
project to deploy a new production environment on VMWare and so far
everything is going very well except for a performance problem we
encountered with running OEL4 32-bit on 64-bit VMWare.  Once we switched
to 64-bit OEL4, performance was great.  Oracle openly acknowledges that
Windows guests perform poorly on OracleVM so I probably wouldn't even
bother trying it.

Regards,

Brandon

From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bort, Guillermo

Ok, now to the point. We need to keep all the VMs working as they are
our main testing environment and I was wondering if anyone has any
experience with OracleVM, specially running the Windows 2003 with MSSQL
Server, as I'm pretty sure the Oracle installs will work flawlessly.