Re: Viewing filesystemio options

  • From: Uwe Weber <uwe.weber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 22:24:03 +0100

Hello Mladen,

Mladen Gogala wrote:

> The only way is to use truss, strace or tusc, depending on the =20
> platform. What you want to see is the presence of O_NONBLOCK
> (O_NDELAY)=20 and O_DIRECT flags.

I am shure you read 'AIX CIO Implementation and Performance'.
In that document they say that the file is opened with O_CIO
and I expected to find that in the truss output.

But thinking about it: Oracle wants to open the while with
the async option, but this request is handled by the aioserver
which then should open the file with the cio option. Duh.

> > And to those who know JFS2: I have trussed a
> > session, it opened a file with asynch_nowait, is
> > that what you would expect from a filesystem
> > mounted cio?
>
> Filesystem mounted your chief information officer and he or she did
> not complain?

Managment, you know. Would take him some time to notice
that he has been mounted :->.

> Just kidding. As far as I am aware, Oracle has no
> special =20 option enabling it to use "concurrent I/O".

I thought of something like #ifdef AIX mountopts = O_CIO.
But when thinking about it, it is clear that this is not really
necessary.

Thanks and Regards,
uwe