RE: View based on a procedure

  • From: "M. Alroy Mascrenghe" <mark_ai@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 21:30:39 -0800 (PST)

Tthanks Guys, for all your replies esp for reminding about the autonomous
transactions and table() I was able to solve the problem thru these

"Clarke, Andrew" <andrew.clarke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  The problem lies in the

>> The procedure does a lot of heavy calculations writes to a table.
>> And the view should read from that table.

Doing DML in a function requires the use of the autonomous_transaction
pragma, which is fraught with problems. What should the query do if the
insert fails?

Cheers, APC