Re: Very unstable execution plan

  • From: Sidney Chen <huanshengchen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thomas.kellerer@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 16:09:37 +0800

The cardinality for both plan is not correct, look at the card field for
the IDX_TMP_VU_SPARTE and TMP_VU_SPARTE. it's card = 1. Seems it's due to
the combination of 3 column in the predicate(VERTRAG_EXT_REF,
DEKLARATION_GUELTIG_BIS, DEKLARATION_GUELTIG_VON). The default statistics
can not handle such cardinality well for combined columns predicate.
Dynamic sampling is good in such case, otherwise, you may want to create
extended statistics on (VERTRAG_EXT_REF, DEKLARATION_GUELTIG_BIS,
DEKLARATION_GUELTIG_VON) and (VERTRAG_EXT_REF, DEKLARATION_GUELTIG_VON,
DEKLARATION_GUELTIG_BIS).

--
Regards
Sidney Chen