Re: Very Strange Query Access Plan

  • From: "Greg Rahn" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 12:31:45 -0700

Few questions:
Can you elaborate on the "bad" values?  What makes them bad?
Are other values (like NDV) non-representative as well?
What is your DBMS_STATS.GATHER_* command?

The reason I am asking is I'd like to understand if this was a symptom
of a  suboptimal DBMS_STATS gather process (meaning non-default
options), or if it is more to do with DBMS_STATS itself (using default
options).

Also sharing your debug approach would be beneficial for the
community.  Often times its more about the approach to solving the
issue rather than the solution itself.

--
Regards,

Greg Rahn