Re: Vertica database propagated from Oracle database

  • From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 14:24:26 -0600

I wouldn't mind going that route if our duhvelopers didn't have a propensity
for screwing up every database they ever managed and then expected me to
clean up their mess.  Also my boss is adamant that the database operations
team (lucky me, I'm the manager) handle all databases at the company
regardless of the platform and software.  I'm so excited. :-(

My idea of fixing the broken code is still being met with extreme
resistance.  I particularly hate the code that does DML then goes off to do
something else without committing/rolling back causing blocking in the
database.  Everytime it happens the duhvelopment group wants to know what
I'm going to do to fix it.  Life in the fastlane.  Heavy sigh...

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx