RE: Vertica database propagated from Oracle database

  • From: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 15:41:31 -0400

Sandy,

    We have a somewhat similar situation, except that the decision came
for the duhveloper community.  I forget what "analytics" orientated
database they bought, but they own it soup to nuts, and it's been darn
nice that way.  I like fending off the daily problems by sending the
business folks to see them.  3 in the can already, 2 to go and we're
building our own Oracle based DW the right way.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA