Veritas file locking

  • From: Bryan Wells <bunjibry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:19:30 -0700

Hello again... newbie here.

9205 DataWarehouse on W2K Advanced Server.  Has anyone ever had any
issues with Veritas running weekend fulls on everything, including
data files and oracle binaries?  would veritas take precedence by
locking these files for backup, not allowing the db to access them?

We seem to be having this issue.  i can see the error in the alert
log, and correspond it to a rough time that veritas had the specific
data file locked for backup.  im making assumtions, but we believe
that it is this that brings the DB down.  could this hard down cause
corruption in our MV indexes, especially since they are not being
rebuilt when the MV is being rebuilt.  or does dropping the MV
recreate the index?

told you I was a newbie.  Thanks in advance for your help and of
course the help youve given me already!

--
Bryan S Wells - DBA Newbie
bunjibry@xxxxxxxxx