RE: Veritas backups

  • From: "Reidy, Ron" <Ron.Reidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 12:15:50 -0600

http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/support/index.jsp

________________________________

From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sandra Becker
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 11:55 AM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Veritas backups

Need a contact for Veritas backups.

We currently backup our 9.2.0.8 production database (RHEL4 on Dell
server) to disk.  We then use Veritas 6.x (latest patch level) to do an
OS backup of the RMAN disk backups to tape.  We are having difficulty
getting Veritas to write to more than one tape at a time with these OS
backups.  Is this even possible?

My SA says HELP!  I'd like to put him in contact directly with someone
and get out of the loop since I don't know Veritas.

Sandy

This electronic message transmission is a PRIVATE communication which
contains information which may be confidential or privileged. The
information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity
named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that
information is prohibited. Please notify the sender  of the delivery
error by replying to this message, or notify us by telephone
(877-633-2436, ext. 0), and then delete it from your system.