Veritas Netbackup Oracle agent for Solaris x86-64 or Linux x86-64??

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 09:49:03 -0400

Hi,

The subject really says it all.  We're looking to move some databases
from 9iR2 on Solaris/Sparc to 10gR2 on Opteron, w/ either Solaris x86-64
or Linux x86-64.

One showstopper we seem to be running into is the availability of the
Netbackup Oracle agent on either of those platforms.  Apparently, the
sys admins have confirmed that it's NOT available for Solaris x86-64,
and they're still struggling to learn something about Linux x86-64.

Does anyone have any experience w/ using Netbackup to backup Oracle
databases on either of those platforms?  Do you use the Oracle agent?

AdvThanksance,

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

Ours is the age that is proud of machines that can think and suspicious
of men who try to.  --H. Mumford Jones, 1892-1980