Re: Verify Piipe Exists

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:27:14 -0500

Freeman, Donald wrote:

>I am trying to install a vendor application with an Oracle repository =
>and not making much progress.   The install has failed and the cleanup =
>requires that the pipe be purged and removed or the database be bounced. =
>I've been through this four times since Friday afternoon.   I can't find =
>any way to view whether or not a pipe exists.  I know its not a =
>conventional database object and that its some sort of memory structure. =
> Is there a way to do this?  Where do I look?

You can call a plumber or take a look into v$DB_PIPES. It looks like
this:
SQL> desc v$db_pipes
 ----------------------------------------- --------
----------------------------
 OWNERID                                            NUMBER
 NAME                                               VARCHAR2(1000)
 TYPE                                               VARCHAR2(7)
 PIPE_SIZE                                          NUMBER

SQL>

That should reveal the intricate details of the plumbing in your
database, so
that you can then use DBMS_PIPE to  obliterate the pipe.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA

--