V$SQL_SHARED_CURSOR: when all mismatches = 'N'

  • From: "Schultz, Charles" <sac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 12:56:37 -0500

Under what circumstances will a cursor be listed in V$SQL_SHARED_CURSOR
but have all "N" for mismatches? I looked around in askTom and google,
but trying to find the right keywords is tricky. The documentation
states:
V$SQL_SHARED_CURSOR explains why a particular child cursor is not shared
with existing child cursors. Each column identifies a specific reason
why the cursor cannot be shared.

Clearly, I was foolish to take that literally. =) I found a couple
metalink notes that reference some older bugs, but they are all fixed in
our version.

Oracle 10.2.0.2
cursor_sharing = EXACT

TIA