Re: V$SGA_TARGET_ADVICE in Oracle RDBMS 10.2

  • From: fairlie rego <fairlie_r@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 00:21:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Mladen,

Hmmm I do not have the same problem...

SQL> select * from v$sga_target_advice;

  SGA_SIZE SGA_SIZE_FACTOR ESTD_DB_TIME ESTD_DB_TIME_FACTOR ESTD_PHYSICAL_READS
---------- --------------- ------------ ------------------- -------------------
       424               1           65                   1                7565
       106             .25           65                   1                7630
       212              .5           65                   1                7565
       848               2           65                   1                7565
       530            1.25           65                   1                7565
       636             1.5           65                   1                7565
       742            1.75           65                   1                7565
       318             .75           65                   1                7565
8 rows selected.

So generate an errorstack and send me the file and we'll see which ratio is the
problem...

SQL> alter session set events '1476 trace name errorstack level 3';
Session altered.

Reissue the statement

Regards,
Fairlie

Mladen Gogala <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Select from V$SGA_TARGET_ADVICE fails on Oracle 10.2 for Linux.
The error reported is about division by zero:

SQL> select * from v$sga_target_advice;
select * from v$sga_target_advice
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01476: divisor is equal to zero

I discovered this by attempting to run STATSPACK. Of course, it bombed out
with the same error. SGA parameters are like this:

SQL> show parameter sga

NAME TYPE VALUE
------------------------------------ ----------- ------------------------------
lock_sga boolean FALSE
pre_page_sga boolean FALSE
sga_max_size big integer 400M
sga_target big integer 352M

Does anybody have any idea? Is this just one of the "features"? Statspack
is fairly important tool and I'd hate to run a production system on
something like this. The description of this table is here:

V$SGA_TARGET_ADVICE

V$SGA_TARGET_ADVICE provides information about the SGA_TARGET initialization
parameter.
Column Datatype Description
SGA_SIZE NUMBER Size of the SGA
SGA_SIZE_FACTOR NUMBER Ratio between the SGA_SIZE and the current size of the
SGA
ESTD_DB_TIME NUMBER Estimated DB_TIME for this SGA_SIZE
ESTD_DB_TIME_FACTOR NUMBER Ratio between ESTD_DB_TIME and DB_TIME for the
current size of the SGA
ESTD_PHYSICAL_READS NUMBER Estimated number of physical reads

This table contains two ratios and one of them must be zero for an almost
inactive database like this one. Now I know why is 10.2 out only for Linux.

--
http://www.mgogala.com

Fairlie Rego
Senior Oracle Consultant
Optus Telecommunications
www.optus.com.au
Mobile: +61 4 02 792 405

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

http://mail.yahoo.com