V$SESSION_WAIT FILE# Doesn't Exist?

  • From: "Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 08:33:24 -0600

Ok, I've got a "runaway session" in my PeopleSoft database that's been
processing since last night.

I have just now started working on this and I wanted to get some input:

SELECT p1 file#, p2 block#, p3 class#
FROM v$session_wait
WHERE event = 'direct path read temp'
;

File# Block# Class#
402 862533 15

SELECT relative_fno, owner, segment_name, segment_type
FROM dba_extents
WHERE file_id = 402
--AND &block BETWEEN block_id AND block_id + &block - 1;

NO ROWS FOUND

What??

If I look at both V$DATAFILE and V$TEMPFILE I have no File# = 402 so what is
going  on?

Like I said, I just started working on this so I may be missing something
simple...

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205
Office: 615-517-3355
Cell: 615-663-1673
Email: chris.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:chris.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and
may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing
the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the
information on any medium.