RE: V$OBJECT_USAGE view for indexes in all schemas

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 12:15:12 -0500

Thanks, Boris!  Your bug is so new the Support analyst didn't find it =
until I redirected him to it (save the comments -- I'm giving him the =
benefit of the doubt).  For now, I've created a "QT_INDEX_USAGE" view in =
SYS that incorporates all schemas, unlike the Oracle-supplied =
V$OBJECT_USAGE fixed view.  I'm not terribly comfortable with the idea =
of creating user objects in SYS for a production system, but at least =
the recommendation for it is in the TAR as well as another MetaLink =
article, so my CYA is in place.

Working a TAR with the help of this list makes a big difference!  :)

Thanks again!
Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      QuadTech, Sussex, WI USA