VLM Configuration Problem

  • From: "Freeman, Donald" <dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 19:11:42 -0500

I am trying to configure an Oracle 9.2.0.5 data warehouse database on
Windows 2003 to use VLM.  I have 4G of memory on this machine.  I have
configured the 3GB switch in the boot.ini, changed my db_cache to
db_block_buffers, added the USE_INDIRECT_DATA_BUFFERS=3D TRUE parameter,
rebooted the server and no matter what I set db_block_buffers to I get
this error on two out of three machines. I can' t figure out the
difference.

OS-Error: (OS 8) Not enough storage is available to process this command

The reason we are doing this is that I am getting an out-of-process
memory error while running our etl job.  I have forestalled this error
by reducing the db_cache size to .9 G from 1 G.  PGA aggregate target is
1 G. =20

My memory is allocated as follows:

Total System Global Area           1430858356 bytes
Fixed Size                             457332 bytes
Variable Size                       452984832 bytes
Database Buffers                    973078528 bytes
Redo Buffers                          4337664 bytes
Where do I start looking from here?

Don Freeman
Database Administrator 1
Pennsylvania Dept of Health