Re: V$EVENT_HISTOGRAM

  • From: amonte <ax.mount@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 15:44:59 +0200

Dont have the stats handy but I have had a look recently to one of our
busiest database and for db scatter and seq read most of them lies in 8ms to
16ms range

Alex

On 5/25/07, LS Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all

I was wondering if any of you got some statistics from V$EVENT_HISTOGRAM
in a busy system.

I am interested in these statistics:

db file parallel read
db file parallel write
db file scattered read
db file sequential read
log file parallel write
log file sequential read

I have a Oracle E-Business Suite 11.5.10.2 running on HP-UX with 8 CPUs
and 400 concurrent users (Active any time around 10 to 15) and EMC DMX
Symmetrix SAN, the average time I am getting for

db file parallel read
db file parallel write
db file scattered read
db file sequential read

is around 16ms

for

log file parallel write
log file sequential read

I am getting around 50ms average, rather high but I would like have some
comparisons before going to some conclusion!

As many statistics as possible ;-)

Thanks!

--
LSC