RE: VB Access to Oracle Database

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Kerber, Andrew W." <Andrew.Kerber@xxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 07:43:03 -0700 (PDT)

Andrew

  I will try this but if it is working fine on other PC, then it look strange.
Anyway I found one interesting point that the PC where it is working has Oracle
8i and 9i Client installed and so It may be possibel that this application is
specifically compile with other libraries. I will update if I found somethink
that in next email.

  Tx
  Sanjay

"Kerber, Andrew W." <Andrew.Kerber@xxxxxxx> wrote:
                Once in the past I had an app default the tnsnames.ora to
$TNS_ADMIN/sample/tnsnames.ora instead of $TNS_ADMIN/tnsnames.ora.

  You might check and make sure its not trying to go to the sample tnsnames,
perhaps by moving, renaming, or deleting it.