Re: VB Access to Oracle Database

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Andrew Kerber" <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 10:49:18 -0500 (CDT)

Sanjay did?  That post must not have made it to the archives yet, as his
original post from Tuesday said there was only one Oracle home of 10g client
(see bottom).

Rich

> he said he has both an 8i and 9i client on that pc.  Most likely the problem
> is on the problem machine its trying to go through the 8i client, and 8i
> wont connect to 10g.
>
> On 7/11/07, Rich Jesse <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hey Sanjay,
>>
>> Two things:

[snip]

    * From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
    * Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 15:45:34 -0700 (PDT)

I had a weird situation where I had 3 PC and Oracle 10g Client is installed on
them. I had installed one of the VB application on all three connecting to
Oracle 10g DB.

  One PC is able to read the Service correctly and connect to the database
while others are not

  THere is only One Oracle Home on them

[snip]