RE: V$ access for production support

  • From: "Herring Dave - dherri" <Dave.Herring@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Christian Antognini" <Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 09:13:16 -0500

Welllll, I'd like to say I had a great reason, but so far I've only come
up with being paranoid.  I guess I could create a role and grant privs
on those V_$ views I need to, then grant the role to those needing
access for production support.  Sure a lot easier than creating wrapper
procedures per SQL statement!

Glad I asked.

Dave
-------------------------------------
Dave Herring, DBA
Acxiom Corporation
3333 Finley
Downers Grove, IL 60515
wk: 630.944.4762
<mailto:dherri@xxxxxxxxxx>

"When I come home from work and see those little noses pressed against
the windowpane, then I know I am a success" - Paul Faulkner

privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.

of it from your computer system.

Thank You.