RE: V$ access for production support

  • From: "Christian Antognini" <Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Dave.Herring@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 09:48:49 +0200

Dave

> Ideally
> they'd have access to V$TRANSACTION and V$SESSION to get basic
> transaction information to track progress when it seems to be
> running long, but I'm reluctant to start granting access to V$ views
> on a production database.

Which is the reason? The only security issue I see is that the support
guys are able to see literals and, to some extents, bind variables that
are in the SGA. But if they have access to the data as well, this
doesn't increase, usually, the amount of information they can access...
So, it would be interesting to know why you don't want to give access to
those views.

HTH
Chris
--