Re: Using dbms_metadata to extract a full schema

  • From: <jtesta@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 14:10:33 -0400 (EDT)

I've had to do it in batches, ie: all the tables, then all of the indexes,
then all of the sequences.

I've not gotten around to building a front-end wrapper to be able to do
them all at one time.

joe

*ORIGINAL MESSAGE BELOW *

 Okay, I've rtfmed, ctnomed, googled and I'm still not finding
 anything close.

 I want to use dbms_metadata to extract all the objects
 associated with a specific schema. Every article I find that
 says "Here's how you extract a schema" shows how to extract
 multiple tables and, sometimes, indexes. Unfortunately, the
 schema I'm looking at has triggers, sequences, etc. Even the
 Oracle documentation examples cover multiple tables though they
 say that they are extracting a schema.

 Yes, I know I can use exp w/rows=N to do the same thing, but I
 am trying to learn something new.

 Any examples, docs, etc. are greatly appreciated.

 Daniel