Using TOAD on production databases

  • From: "Potluri, Venu (IDS AIS SE)" <venu_potluri@xxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 16:24:02 -0400

Is there any problem with developers using Quest Software's TOAD on
production databases? Regardless of the functionality in TOAD, a
developer shouldn't be able to use the DBA functionality in TOAD,
correct? We grant roles to developers and those roles never include any
privilesges on SYSTEM or SYS owned objects. What made me ask this
question is a script on www.orafaq.com that shows a way to prevent
developers from using TOAD on production databases. Any thoughts are
appreciated.

Venu Potluri
Oracle Financials DBA

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender,
delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or
redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to this
e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/