RE: Using SAN or local drives?

  • From: "Khemmanivanh, Somckit" <somckit.khemmanivanh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 14:20:03 -0700

A df won't tell but depending on your OS...you can follow the chain of
Filesystem to Logical Volume to Volume group/Physical Volume.

Once you get the phsical volume you can map that to SAN or local drives
(in EMC this command is in the symcli command suite)...you can use
something like symdev to list all the EMC drives,etc...

Haven't done it for awhile but that's the process I used...others may
have easier methods...

Thanks!