RE: Using DD to Read Data from Oracle Datafiles

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mwf@xxxxxxxx>, <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 08:21:14 -0500

Restrict DBA access to application data in 11g.   using vault:  See
link, around slide 23.   Saw the presentation on security, Oracle can do
pretty good, and SOX has motivated oracle to implement data security, so
that even superusers can be restricted.

http://www.oracle.com/dm/07q3field/security_and_compliance.pdf

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator