Re: Using DBMS_METADATA/DBMS_REDFINITION to move all objects to another TS

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 11:53:22 -0500 (CDT)

Andrew replies:

> Interesting, I ran into something very similar doing a project for a
> client.  I ended up pulling back the metadata and using the replace
> function on the metadata to generate the new name.  Just remember that you
> have to be very specific about the string that is replaced or you can have
> problems.
> I might be able to track down the code again if you want a specific
> example.  let me know if you need it.

Yeah, I'm already doing that to have the new tables SEGMENT CREATION
DEFERRED in order to save space on the ~2700 tables that are empty (they
were originally created when the DB was 10g).  But where that is a clearly
defined string to replace, the semi-random index names are a wee bit
trickier.

Thanks anyway!

Rich