Re: Using DBMS_METADATA/DBMS_REDFINITION to move all objects to another TS

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rjoralist2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 11:37:24 -0500

Interesting, I ran into something very similar doing a project for a
client.  I ended up pulling back the metadata and using the replace
function on the metadata to generate the new name.  Just remember that you
have to be very specific about the string that is replaced or you can have
problems.
I might be able to track down the code again if you want a specific
example.  let me know if you need it.

--
Andrew W. Kerber