Re: Using AMM with Linux RAC

  • From: Tanel Poder <tanel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Sherrie.Kubis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 00:02:08 +0800

Hi Sherrie,

The memory which is reserved for PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET will not show up in
/dev/shm as it's not shared (PGAs are still allocated using process-private
memory).

You can query V$MEMORY_DYNAMIC_COMPONENTS to see how Oracle is currently
using the memory:

SQL> select component, current_size from v$memory_dynamic_components where
component like '%Target%';

COMPONENT                      CURRENT_SIZE
SGA Target                        545259520
PGA Target                        293601280

Note that hugepages are not used with AMM on Linux so you may be not getting
all the performance out of your hardware...

--
Tanel Poder
http://tech.e2sn.com