Using 10gR2 as a 'document repository'

  • From: bryan sultanik <haoleboy01052@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 07:30:15 -0700 (PDT)

I've been given the task of setting up our db to be a document repository. My
challenge is:
1.  that the end users must be able to copy files to a 'network share'
(exposing the db as a windows share),
2. leveraging something like Oracle Text for keyword searches and
3. securing the documents using Oracle security.

Has anyone done this in Oracle?
If so, any suggestions on how to pull this off?

Thanks in advance,
Bryan

PS. My manager wants to do this leveraging what we currently have (namely 10g).
Have discussed COTS solutions (e.g. Doumentum, Oracle Content mgmt tools, etc.)
but we don't have the budget...

Again any and all advice would be ~Greatly~ appreciated.......