RE: Username with failed login

  • From: "Mandal, Ashoke" <ashoke.k.mandal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx>, <mschmitt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:02:08 -0500

Greetings,

I have used the following steps to track the users with failed login.

Step 1: Change the initialization parameter audit_trail to be:
audit_trail=db, bounce the database
Step 2: connect to the database as a user that has the privilege "AUDIT
SYSTEM"
(both SYS and SYSTEM has this privilege)
SQL> audit session whenever not successful;
Step 3: At this point we can see these unsuccessful logins by monitoring
the 'dba_audit_trail' view
Note :If we want to disable this tracking then we can use
SQL> noaudit session whenever not successful;
Note: This auditing does not get disabled by bouncing the database.

Thanks,
Ashoke