RE: User Comments

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F \(LABOR\)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <san_oracle_dba@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 12:50:53 -0400

I always thought this was a good idea.  I would love to have the chance to
create a user and then provide some simple directory information about the user
- like their name!!!  We always end up using a NT id as the Oracle account
name.  Something as simple as the chance to provide a name would be great!

To answer your question, no.  Oracle does not provide this.  You could create a
database table of your own and store the info there.

This transmission may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged
information which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to
whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this
transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  In addition,
unauthorized access to this transmission may violate federal or State law,
including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail and delete the transmission and its attachments.