RE: Use SQL*Plus 10g to connect to 9i databases

  • From: "Jacques Kilchoer" <Jacques.Kilchoer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <andert@xxxxxxxxx>, "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:35:52 -0700

This may be a dumb idea, but if your entry looks like this

XXX.DOMAIN.COM =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = MY_HOST)(PORT = 1521))
    (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SERVER = DEDICATED)
      (SERVICE_NAME = MY_SERVICE.DOMAIN.COM)
      (INSTANCE_NAME = MY_INSTANCE)
    )
  )

you could try changing it to this

XXX.DOMAIN.COM =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = MY_HOST)(PORT = 1521))
    (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SERVER = DEDICATED)
      (SID = MY_INSTANCE)
    )