Re: Urgent, please: what are my options???

  • From: Daniel Fink <daniel.fink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eugene.pipko@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 14:38:33 -0700

Eugene,

Call Oracle support to see if you can open the database without the logs, even though the data may be inconsistent. You will need to assume that all data is logically corrupt, so a careful review will be required.

If Oracle support can't help, you have two options. Create a new database and recreate/reload all the data or use a data unloader to get the data out of the database and then create a new database. You can get them from Oracle or 3rd parties (google 'Oracle data unloader' for additional info).

Regards,
Daniel Fink

--
Daniel Fink

OptimalDBA.com - Oracle Performance, Diagnosis, Data Recovery and Training

OptimalDBA    http://www.optimaldba.com
Oracle Blog   http://optimaldba.blogspot.com

Lost Data?    http://www.ora600.be/

Eugene Pipko wrote:

Hi all,

I have a 9i on Windows2003 with no backup.

Database was open while drive where redo logs resided was gone. So I lost all redo logs.

I shutdown d/b, mounted it, backed up controlfile to trace.

Recreated control file, but when I try to open resetlogs d/base I receive an error:

ORA-01194: file 1 needs more recovery to be consistent

ORA-01110: data file 1: 'D:\ORACLE_SAN\DATA\SYSTEM\REPD_SYSTEM_01.DBF'

What are my options besides rebuilding d/base???

Eugene

P  Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.