Re: Urgent, please: what are my options???

  • From: Howard Latham <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 18:00:55 +0000

You cant just say let the Customer Burn

It might mean the end of their business and their ability to pay you!

If I get a customer with a trashed DB I will try EVERYTHING to help.

Telling them their Backup Strategy of lack of one is Bad Practice can be saved
until later.

There are several DB unload utilities that can at least recover SOME data.

This could be enough to save them.

Also opening DB with parameters mentioned above can also save the day. Sometimes
the DB is fine - though Oracle won't support it.

Howard Latham