Urgent help - SOS !!!

  • From: "Shreeni" <shreeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 17:37:15 -0500

On a development database instance 10gR2 on Solaris 10, all of a sudden no
one can login except SYS or SYSTEM. However if I grant SYSDBA to SCOTT he
can login. If I revoke the grant and make SCOTT a normal user then the
connect as Scott/Tiger just hangs.

There is nothing in Alert log or Udump trace files. I checked if somehow the
instance had gone into restricted mode but it is not. I shut the database
down and restarted but no help. It is not in archivelog mode. I checked the
space on the server and it is ok. There are 4 other instances on the same
box and they are fine.

Do you guys have seen anything like this and can u give me any directions as
where to start looking ?

The Database is 10.2.0.1 on Solaris SunFire V240

Thanks and have a good day.

Shreeni
(630) 401-2887 (Mobile)
(630) 837-1730 (Home)