Urgent Oracle CPU issue

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 14:06:00 -0700 (PDT)

I am having a databasse been using very much of CPU where during peak time, a
single process used to call several time and so taking almost all CPU and stop
the site.Is there way I can control that one session cannot use excessive CPU.

If I use CPU_PER_SESSIOn , then if I say that 30 sec per session, then what
happen after 30 second, is the session hanged on closed . I am at 8.1.7.4

If  I use Resource limit, can any have any example that can help. The load is
high between 10-12 EST

Thanks for everybody time
Sanjay
http://mail.yahoo.com