Upgrading from 11g to 12c using Transportable tablespace expdp/impdp

  • From: "Sciuto, Mary" <Mary.Sciuto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 15:42:20 +0000

I am trying to upgrade an 11g (11.2.0.3) database running on Red Hat Enterprise
Linux Server release 5.11 to a 12c database running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Server release 6.6.  I am using the Transportable Tablespace export/import
method recommended by Oracle.  This works fine when the 11g
database does not have tablespace encryption implemented (TDE), but when there
are encrypted tablespaces, I get an “ORA-28374 typed master key not found in
wallet” error during the import and it fails.  I copied the wallet from the 11g
database to the 12c database per Oracle’s instructions.  It’s an auto-login
wallet, but I only copied the .p12 file over.  (If I copy the .sso file I have
more wallet issues).    When I do a select * from v$encryption_wallet in the
12c database, it says it’s closed, so I open it.

I have an SR open with My Oracle Support and supplied them with all the
information they requested, but it’s been days and I haven’t heard a peep from
them.

Plan B is to do a basic schema export/import but it takes much longer than
copying over the data files and doing the transportable tablespace
export/import.

Has anyone used this method to upgrade from 11 to 12 with encrypted tablespaces?

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mary