Upgrade to EM12c

  • From: Bill Zakrzewski <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 13:49:02 -0500

Environment:
Oracle Grid Control 10.2.0.5.0
Oracle Agents 10.2.0.5.0
RH Linux 5.x

Looking to upgrade to the latest Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c version using
the 1 server upgrade method to maintain the current ports, repository, etc.

I installed the EM 12c Upgrade Console and was going through the steps.  One of
the first steps is to upgrade the agents on all of the servers, which fails
with a hostname error.  The /etc/hosts file contains "ip address   fully
qualified name    abbreviated name".  If I execute hostname command on the
server it shows the fully qualified name.   However, reviewing the logs the
installer is finding the abbreviated hostname and fails because it is not a
fully qualified name.  You can override the install with a command line option,
however I was hoping to continue using the EM 12c Upgrade Console to complete
the upgrade.

Has anyone encountered the same issue?  Does anyone have the steps to manually
upgrade from 10.2.0.5.0 grid control to EM 12c keeping the existing ports,
repository, etc.?  All of the Oracle upgrade documents only show the method
using the EM 12c Upgrade Console.

Can I install the new 12c agents on the servers manually, then go back and
finish the upgrade using the EM 12c Upgrade Console????

Thanks in advance
Bill--