Upgrade 9i RAC?

  • From: "Baumgartel, Paul" <paul.baumgartel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 17:50:38 +0100

We have to migrate a RAC database from 9i  to 10g.  Platform is Red Hat Linux
3, kernel ID 2.4.21-32.0.1.Elsmp on Egenera blades.  Data volume is relatively
small; 8 GB or so.  I'm debating whether to upgrade in place or to create a new
10g database and export/import.  Have any of you performed an in-place upgrade
of 9i RAC to 10g?  If so, how long did it take, how painful was it, what were
the pitfalls, would you do it that way again?

Thanks,

Paul Baumgartel
CREDIT SUISSE
Information Technology
Securities Processing Databases Americas
One Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10010
USA
Phone 212.538.1143