RE: Updating system statistics

  • From: "Christian Antognini" <Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <don@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 20:32:36 +0100

Hi

> Now I want to gather statistics on the production server over a
> decent interval (90 minutes?) to put them on development.  Is
> there a way to gather statistics and get the numbers without
> actually changing the in-place production stats?

If you specify STATTAB and STATOWN you can gather the statistics in a
user-defined table (i.e. not in the DD).

I usually suggest gathering them over 60 minutes every hour for one week
or two (you have to specify a unique STATID to avoid replacing already
available stats). Then a quick analysis in Excel may give you
interesting information on how to set the values in production.

HTH
Chris