Re: Unwanted SQL Developer inverse connection storming

  • From: Jeff Smith <jeff.d.smith@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 11:03:10 -0400

It happens once at startup, runs through your connection list. If you
hit 'refresh' in the connection toolbar, it will do so again.

So as a contract employee you might be assigned to multiple clients.
You're afraid if you're doing work for clientA that SQL Developer will
TNSPing clientB's instance - violating your agreement?

I imagine clientB would be on a different network/VPN though, and you'd
never get to them anyway? Trying to imagine folks that have databases
open on the internet or VPNs that span customer sites?

Jeff