RE: Unused column names

  • From: Katz.C@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: lex.de.haan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 10:26:48 -0400

Lex,
You've answered my question. To answer yours: we had an import that failed
with an
"imp-00020 long column too large for column buffer error". The export had no
long columns but there was a note on metalink that pointed to unused columns
(and directmode export) as a possible explanation. Sure enough the database
that provided the export file had a table with unused columns.
We're a distributed environment with more than a couple of sites. Only one
site has the unused columns. That triggered the dilbert syndrome which
resulted in my question to the list...
chaim
http://www.learntorah.net