Re: Unix file permissions

  • From: "Derya Oktay" <deryaoktay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "David Sharples" <davidsharples@xxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:21:44 +0300

I already tried changing _trace_file_public parameter to true, and after
bouncing database, it makes no sense. The newly created trace files still
has no permission to others.
Regards,
Derya.

On 9/18/06, David Sharples <davidsharples@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

set _trace_file_public = true should do that (does for the udump files anyway)

just before of the kinda of information you are giving away though

On 18/09/06, Derya Oktay <deryaoktay@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: > > Hi, > I want to give read privelege to "others", for newly created trace files > in bdump directory automatically. Is there a way of doing that in AIX5L? > Thanks. > Regards, > > Derya. >