Unix Windows differences

  • From: Michael Hennesy <michael.hennesy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 13:27:15 +0000 (GMT)

I have always worked with Unix (mostly Solaris) as the OS for Oracle. When I
need to upgrade, for example from 10.2.0.2 to 10.2.0.3, I would create a new
Oracle home, install 10.2.0.1 followed by 10.2.0.3. After upgrading if
something went wrong I could easily restore the instance, and bring it up under
the old home basically by changing the entries in oratab.

I would like to do the same thing in Windows, can someone point me to a
document that has the steps to  accomplish this on a windows platform. What's
the equivalent of oratab in Windows?

Thanks - Mike

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.